Jonathan Evans, Conservative MP for Cardiff North, was re-elected as chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services at a meeting in the House of Commons last night.
Mr Evans, a former trade minister and member of the European Parliament, took over the chairmanship following the 2010 general election. Over the last year he ensured the group played a major role in the discussions about solutions to the challenge of providing affordable insurance to properties in high risk flood areas as well as facilitating an effective dialogue between a range of key regulators and Parliament.
The other officers were also re-elected to serve for a further year:
Joint Deputy Chairmen Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Wirral, Andy Love MP, Lord Newby
Joint Hon Secretaries Sir Edward Leigh MP, Heather Wheeler MP
The membership of the group continues to grow with Robert Buckland (Con, South Swindon) and Neil Carmichael (Con, Stroud) the latest to join.
- City Minister on why the government is supporting insurance as the engine of the economy
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation
- XL Catlin adds Brexit continuity clause to policies
- Broker Network makes fifth ‘powerhouse’ acquisition
- Munich Re to cut 900 jobs as reinsurer targets profits surge in 2018
- Aviva hires LV and Zurich bosses in commercial growth plan
- Axa denies U-turn after customer has excess refunded from Liverpool car park fire