Jonathan Evans, Conservative MP for Cardiff North, was re-elected as chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services at a meeting in the House of Commons last night.
Mr Evans, a former trade minister and member of the European Parliament, took over the chairmanship following the 2010 general election. Over the last year he ensured the group played a major role in the discussions about solutions to the challenge of providing affordable insurance to properties in high risk flood areas as well as facilitating an effective dialogue between a range of key regulators and Parliament.
The other officers were also re-elected to serve for a further year:
Joint Deputy Chairmen Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Wirral, Andy Love MP, Lord Newby
Joint Hon Secretaries Sir Edward Leigh MP, Heather Wheeler MP
The membership of the group continues to grow with Robert Buckland (Con, South Swindon) and Neil Carmichael (Con, Stroud) the latest to join.
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- CII warns 'long way to go' even as gender pay gap numbers fall
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails