The next meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services will take place on Tuesday 19 March and NOT 26 March as previously advertised.
This meeting will hear from Peter Skinner, one of the British members of the European Parliament who is very close to the Solvency II debates.
19 March, 4:30–6:00pm
Committee Room 20, House of Commons
Solvency II – an update on the state of play
Amid reports that over two thirds of insurers have scaled back their implementation programmes, with many not ready to submit their first Solvency II quarterly return by 2014, the group will discuss the latest implementation delay and the potential impact it is having on the business plans and balance sheets of UK insurers.
Peter Skinner MEP, Rapporteur for the European Parliament for Solvency II and EIOPA
Full details of the group's programme can be found here
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’