The next meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services will take place on Tuesday 19 March and NOT 26 March as previously advertised.
This meeting will hear from Peter Skinner, one of the British members of the European Parliament who is very close to the Solvency II debates.
19 March, 4:30–6:00pm
Committee Room 20, House of Commons
Solvency II – an update on the state of play
Amid reports that over two thirds of insurers have scaled back their implementation programmes, with many not ready to submit their first Solvency II quarterly return by 2014, the group will discuss the latest implementation delay and the potential impact it is having on the business plans and balance sheets of UK insurers.
Peter Skinner MEP, Rapporteur for the European Parliament for Solvency II and EIOPA
Full details of the group's programme can be found here
- Government to unveil discount rate reform
- Claimant lawyers accuse government of ‘washing its hands’ of injured people
- RSA's Gail Parker on using internal brand engagement to better serve customers
- Tributes paid to former APPG insurance deputy chair Baroness Turner
- City Minister on why the government is supporting insurance as the engine of the economy
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- XL Catlin adds Brexit continuity clause to policies