Tomorrow's meeting of the All Party Group on Insurance & Financial Services will tackle some of the most pressing issues in the filed of claims management
Claims Management Company regulation
Wednesday 31 October, 9:30-11:00am, Committee Room 21, House of Commons
• Will the MoJ consultation/new proposals result in better protection for consumers?
• And what impact will it specifically have on CMC advertising in NHS hospitals
Head of claims management regulation, Ministry of Justice, Kevin Rousell
Legal Ombudsman chief executive and chief ombudsman Adam Sampson
Former director general of the Association of British Insurers and author of a recent report defending leaflets carrying adverts encouraging NHS patients to sue for damages, Mark Boleat
Gunpowder Media founder and Claims Standard Council spokesman Andy Wigmore
The presentations will be preceded by the annual meeting and election of officers of the group.
Furrther meetings this session
28 November, 9:30-11:00am, Committee Room 21
Insurance Fraud: An update on how the industry is combatting this crime
Insurance Fraud Bureau director Phil Bird
City of London Police/Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department DCI Dave Wood
DATE AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Solvency II: Can we expect more delays in the implementation timetable? - Peter Skinner MEP, Rapporteur for the European Parliament for Solvency II and EIOPA
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Marsh group buys JLT for $5.6bn
- 2018 Insurance Marketing & PR Awards: Full list of winners
- Axa sees huge spike in cavity wall installation claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Allianz splashes out on Olympics sponsorship
- Police called to Brolly offices after overnight break in