- How did the insurance industry fare in handling claims in the wake of the riots?
- Is the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 out of date, and how could and should it be amended to be of greater relevance?
- Should the 14 day notice period for riot claims be extended permanently?
- What major issues - such as underinsurance - have arisen around coverage for property and business interruption?
- What other lessons could be learnt?
The insurance implications and lessons learnt from the 2011 riots
Tuesday 11 October 4:30pm at Portcullis House, meeting room M
- Bill Gloyn - Partner - European Real Estate of JLT Specialty Limited and Chairman of the British Property Federation Insurance Committee
- Jonathan Clark - Director, Corporate and Technical Risks at Cunningham Lindsey
- Cost of motor claims hits highest ever level
- Aviva hires LV and Zurich bosses in commercial growth plan
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation
- Loss adjusting and insurtech gains fail to stem Charles Taylor profit decline at full year
- Munich Re to cut 900 jobs as reinsurer targets profits surge in 2018
- MCE to pull out of Ireland following ‘incredibly disappointing’ loss of passporting
- Blog: Medical hope for mesothelioma patients and asbestos insurers