- How did the insurance industry fare in handling claims in the wake of the riots?
- Is the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 out of date, and how could and should it be amended to be of greater relevance?
- Should the 14 day notice period for riot claims be extended permanently?
- What major issues - such as underinsurance - have arisen around coverage for property and business interruption?
- What other lessons could be learnt?
The insurance implications and lessons learnt from the 2011 riots
Tuesday 11 October 4:30pm at Portcullis House, meeting room M
- Bill Gloyn - Partner - European Real Estate of JLT Specialty Limited and Chairman of the British Property Federation Insurance Committee
- Jonathan Clark - Director, Corporate and Technical Risks at Cunningham Lindsey
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- CII warns 'long way to go' even as gender pay gap numbers fall
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role