As Group Editorial Services Director at Incisive Media from 2005 David Worsfold had responsibility for a wide range of editorial and production functions, including editorial standards and strategy – whether in print, in person, online or on video – recruitment, training – including the company’s successful graduate recruitment programme – and the delivery of design and production services. This included editorial and production teams in London, New York and Hong Kong as well Incisive’s two TV studios in London.
He is best known for his work as a financial journalist, in particular as a writer on the insurance industry which he has covered for over 30 years as editor of Post Magazine, Reinsurance and Insurance Age. Five times award winner at the Insurance Journalist of the Year Awards, most recently in 2015. Winner of Best General Insurance Journalist at 1999 Financial Services Media Awards and the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007. Won the inaugural Chief Executive’s Award for Outstanding Achievement at the 2007 Incisive Media Awards.
As well as editing a range of leading insurance titles, David wrote for The Guardian for several years and has contributed to most major national newspapers. He has appeared on radio and television as a commentator on insurance issues.
Among his many achievements, David launched the British Insurance Awards – now the most successful B2B awards scheme in the UK – the Rehabilitation First Awards and the Cover Magazine Protection Awards. In 1990 he established the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services which has played an influential role in improving communication between the insurance and retail financial services sector and Parliament.
He served as a trustee of The Insurance Charities for many years and when he was president he merged all the underlying legacy charities into a single, more-focused organisation. From 2003 to 2013 he led a highly successful fundraising programme at Brentwood Cathedral which raised £500,000 to restore a historic listed church as a thriving parish hall.
At Incisive Media he led the Incisive Media Foundation from its inception in 2010, building it up so that by 2013 it was on course to deliver £250,000 a year to its partner charities.
In the summer of 2013 he left Incisive Media to set up his own media consultancy Worsfold Media Services Ltd
Other notable achievements
• President of the Presse Internationale des Assurances 2000-02
• President of the Insurance Charities 2003-04 and currently Chair of its Marketing and Fundraising Committee
• Freeman of the City of London and member of the Worshipful Company of Insurers
• Chair of the Incisive Media Foundation from its launch in 2010 to 2013
• Councillor in the London Borough of Waltham Forest 1988 to 1994
• Served on the Waltham Forest Arts Council, London Arts Board and the board of the Theatre Royal Stratford East
• Founded Brentwood Town Ladies Football Club in 1999, UEFA qualified coach
• Currently chair of the Brentwood Choirs Festival
Contact David Worsfold
- Gable had 60,000 UK policyholders when it collapsed
- Over half of Lloyd’s MGAs have under resourced teams
- Business interruption to fall under terrorism cover
- Analysis: Passing up on passporting
- Video: Insurers and claimant lawyers react to whiplash reform
- Smart Driver Club in talks with insurers to increase capacity
- This week in Post: Why insurers should head to a Maths Jam