Terms of reference
Name The group shall be called the All Party Parliamentary Group on
Insurance and Financial Services.
Membership It shall be open to Members of both House of Parliament in accordance with the Parliamentary rules governing membership of such groups.
Function The group will examine issues of interest to the insurance industry and broader financial services sectors,especially where there are legislative implications.
It will meet periodically to further this objective and will make occasional visits to appropriate companies and institutions.
Officers The group will elect annually from among its members the following officers:
- Deputy Chairmen (up to three)
- Hon Secretaries (up to two)
Secretariat Incisive Media will provide the secretarial back-up by arranging
meetings, speakers, visits etc.
Technical Consultants PriceWaterhouse Coopers will act as technical consultants to the group by preparing briefing papers and other appropriate material as may be required from time-to-time.
Reception The group will hold an annual Parliamentary Reception under the auspices of Post Magazine or other Incisive Media brand(s) and sponsored by one of the members of the group.
Costs The normal expenses involved in arranging meetings, lunches or receptions will be borne by Incisive Media plc, or by a third party as agreed by the group.
Last amended: 21 June 2005
- Lloyd’s struck by £2bn loss from nat cats
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- Gosden retires as Higos chairman two months into role
- Zurich appoints former RSA boss Robinson as chief underwriting officer
- Government to unveil discount rate reform
- Video: Insurers and claimant lawyers react to whiplash reform
- Claimant lawyers accuse government of ‘washing its hands’ of injured people