Last winter’s cold snap and the resulting conservative estimate of a £1.4bn payout hit insurers hard, with the volume and cost of burst pipe claims making a particularly large dent in profitability.
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role
- Lloyd’s sees diminished results even as it shrugs off 2017 losses
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Saga appoints James Quin as CFO
- My other life: Assistant football referee - David Roome, NMU Glasgow