The Rugby World Cup, which starts in New Zealand on 9 September, was nearly knocked off course when Christchurch was hit by an earthquake of 6.3 magnitude in February and subsequent aftershocks.
- Video: Insurers and claimant lawyers react to whiplash reform
- Sabre delivers COR of 68.5% following IPO
- Underlying performance needs to improve, says Lloyd’s CFO
- Lloyd’s struck by £2bn loss from nat cats
- Zurich appoints former RSA boss Robinson as chief underwriting officer
- Business interruption to fall under terrorism cover
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings