The unit's operating profit rose from £62m in 2015, as combined ratio improved from 109.5% in 2015 to 97.1%.
However gross written premium declined 7.5% from £1.63bn to £1.51bn.
The results reflect
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Lloyd’s sees diminished results even as it shrugs off 2017 losses
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Saga appoints James Quin as CFO
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms