Gienal and his team were behind Zurich's strategy update announced by CEO Mario Greco in November.
The chief strategy officer has left to "pursue other career opportunities".
In an emailed statement
- Analysis: Allianz’s acquisitive appetite
- Zurich's Puneet Sharma: Calling time on credit markets
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- Das v Asplin: Asplin guilty in fraud case
- Former Zurich boss launches boutique broker to buck consolidation trend
- Call out rogue MGAs, urges Chilton
- Covéa regional restructure leads to redundancies