Gienal and his team were behind Zurich's strategy update announced by CEO Mario Greco in November.
The chief strategy officer has left to "pursue other career opportunities".
In an emailed statement
- Blog: Need a new CEO? You could do worse than look at your claims manager
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on fake pricing scandals
- Kanye West settles lawsuit against Lloyd’s syndicates
- Blog: Peer-to-peer insurtech Hey Guevara hints at return with household launch
- Lloyds Bank insurtech and innovation head joins Oxbow as a partner
- Cigna Insurance Services pulls out of travel market
- Hiscox found not guilty in ICO criminal prosecution