Gienal and his team were behind Zurich's strategy update announced by CEO Mario Greco in November.
The chief strategy officer has left to "pursue other career opportunities".
In an emailed statement
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- A-Plan bucks trend with latest high street branch opening
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Marsh appoints UK corporate CEO
- Up to 3750 jobs at risk from Marsh's acquisition of JLT