Only one-fifth of the UK population purchases insurance for their pet yet incidences of fraud are soaring, from £420,000 in 2009 to nearly £2m in 2014.
What are the different types of fraudulent claims and how is the industry tackling them? Post's research editor Michèle Bacchus recently sat down with Crif Decision Solutions director Sara Costantini to find out how the sharing of data across the sector could help combat pet insurance fraud.
This video is part of a Spotlight series on pet insurance. Read part one on pet insurance in the UK, part two on pet claims and pet insurance fraud or part three on solutions to combat pet insurance fraud.
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- A-Plan bucks trend with latest high street branch opening
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’
- Marsh appoints UK corporate CEO
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Up to 3750 jobs at risk from Marsh's acquisition of JLT