Only one-fifth of the UK population purchases insurance for their pet yet incidences of fraud are soaring, from £420,000 in 2009 to nearly £2m in 2014.
What are the different types of fraudulent claims and how is the industry tackling them? Post's research editor Michèle Bacchus recently sat down with Crif Decision Solutions director Sara Costantini to find out how the sharing of data across the sector could help combat pet insurance fraud.
This video is part of a Spotlight series on pet insurance. Read part one on pet insurance in the UK, part two on pet claims and pet insurance fraud or part three on solutions to combat pet insurance fraud.
- Buzzvault announces long-term growth plans following Munich Re tie-up
- Spotlight on ADAS: Why ADAS is not a fit and forget system
- Allianz UK CEO Dye declines to comment on XL acquisition rumours
- Zurich begins new initiative aimed at partnering with 'innovators'
- Allianz UK operating profit climbs by 26% in 2017
- Blog: The 130 missed opportunities to make a flooded home resilient
- Irish regulator forces CBL Insurance Europe to close shop