Only one-fifth of the UK population purchases insurance for their pet yet incidences of fraud are soaring, from £420,000 in 2009 to nearly £2m in 2014.
What are the different types of fraudulent claims and how is the industry tackling them? Post's research editor Michèle Bacchus recently sat down with Crif Decision Solutions director Sara Costantini to find out how the sharing of data across the sector could help combat pet insurance fraud.
This video is part of a Spotlight series on pet insurance. Read part one on pet insurance in the UK, part two on pet claims and pet insurance fraud or part three on solutions to combat pet insurance fraud.
- 2018 Insurance Marketing & PR Awards: Full list of winners
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Marsh group buys JLT for $5.6bn
- Axa sees huge spike in cavity wall installation claims
- RSA's Carolyn Mackenzie on the delicate balance struck by whiplash reforms
- Allianz splashes out on Olympics sponsorship
- Police called to Brolly offices after overnight break in