James Daley, managing director of Fairer Finance, gives his view on the importance of customer centricity and wonders why the industry seems so out of sync with the public it serves.
Daley, pictured, believes insurers should be "willing to give their customers the benefit of the doubt much more often" and puts the onus on insurers to demonstrate their value.
Do you think he's right?
Get involved with the Insurance Debate this week, and make sure your voice gets heard by telling us what you think - is customer centricity the key to bringing our industry out of the Dark Ages and into the realms of a classic and reputable profession?
Why not have your say and join in the debate here.
- Analysis: Allianz’s acquisitive appetite
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- Zurich's Puneet Sharma: Calling time on credit markets
- Das v Asplin: Asplin guilty in fraud case
- Call out rogue MGAs, urges Chilton
- Covéa regional restructure leads to redundancies
- Dive In 2018 launches, saying it's #time4inclusion