James Daley, managing director of Fairer Finance, gives his view on the importance of customer centricity and wonders why the industry seems so out of sync with the public it serves.
Daley, pictured, believes insurers should be "willing to give their customers the benefit of the doubt much more often" and puts the onus on insurers to demonstrate their value.
Do you think he's right?
Get involved with the Insurance Debate this week, and make sure your voice gets heard by telling us what you think - is customer centricity the key to bringing our industry out of the Dark Ages and into the realms of a classic and reputable profession?
Why not have your say and join in the debate here.
- Up to 3750 jobs at risk from Marsh's acquisition of JLT
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- Scor investor threatens action over rejection of Covéa takeover bid
- Jonathon Brown hired as Compare the Market CEO
- Premium Credit says customer data is safe following ‘cyber incident’
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'