James Daley, managing director of Fairer Finance, gives his view on the importance of customer centricity and wonders why the industry seems so out of sync with the public it serves.
Daley, pictured, believes insurers should be "willing to give their customers the benefit of the doubt much more often" and puts the onus on insurers to demonstrate their value.
Do you think he's right?
Get involved with the Insurance Debate this week, and make sure your voice gets heard by telling us what you think - is customer centricity the key to bringing our industry out of the Dark Ages and into the realms of a classic and reputable profession?
Why not have your say and join in the debate here.
- Blog: Escape of water claims must be investigated to stop rising cost
- Blog: Need a new CEO? You could do worse than look at your claims manager
- Hiscox found not guilty in ICO criminal prosecution
- Allianz buys an additional 30% of Euler Hermes
- Smartphone video insurtech sets its sights on Europe
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on fake pricing scandals
- Lloyd’s to pilot use of artificial intelligence