With data validation increasing in importance, Post sat down with Zurich’s director of personal lines, pricing and underwriting Darren McCauley to discuss this trend.
In conversation with Post Magazine's editor-in-chief Jonathan Swift he addresses whether the current data sources used by insurers are up-to-speed; where improvements could be made; and the importance in passing this expertise down to brokers so they can clean up their books.
The pair also cover whether data validation is more important in the direct business, broker business, or equally in both; and whether it is the sole preserve of the motor business, or does it straddle other product lines.
- FSCS has paid out £104m to failed insurer Enterprise customers
- Blog: Open banking offers a new insurance distribution channel
- ERS sees best first half profit performance in five years
- Northern Irish hub acquisition pushes GRP’s GWP over £700m
- Esure looks for 'new type of leader' following Bain takeover
- Blog: Got your A-level results? Check out insurance apprenticeships
- Admiral delivers UK growth and builds on its European Brexit preparations