With data validation increasing in importance, Post sat down with Zurich’s director of personal lines, pricing and underwriting Darren McCauley to discuss this trend.
In conversation with Post Magazine's editor-in-chief Jonathan Swift he addresses whether the current data sources used by insurers are up-to-speed; where improvements could be made; and the importance in passing this expertise down to brokers so they can clean up their books.
The pair also cover whether data validation is more important in the direct business, broker business, or equally in both; and whether it is the sole preserve of the motor business, or does it straddle other product lines.
- Government to unveil discount rate reform
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- Claimant lawyers accuse government of ‘washing its hands’ of injured people
- Lloyd’s struck by £2bn loss from nat cats
- Tributes paid to former APPG insurance deputy chair Baroness Turner
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation
- Zurich appoints former RSA boss Robinson as chief underwriting officer