With data validation increasing in importance, Post sat down with Zurich’s director of personal lines, pricing and underwriting Darren McCauley to discuss this trend.
In conversation with Post Magazine's editor-in-chief Jonathan Swift he addresses whether the current data sources used by insurers are up-to-speed; where improvements could be made; and the importance in passing this expertise down to brokers so they can clean up their books.
The pair also cover whether data validation is more important in the direct business, broker business, or equally in both; and whether it is the sole preserve of the motor business, or does it straddle other product lines.
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Blog: Loss adjusters are developing new skills to tackle escape of water claims
- CII warns 'long way to go' even as gender pay gap numbers fall
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Marsh's JLT deal 'could drive further M&A'
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Lloyd’s sees diminished results even as it shrugs off 2017 losses