Storm Christoph is not expected to prove as costly as other recent winter storms, with PWC predicting insured losses could hit £120m, but could set the stage for more severe flooding as soon as next month.
PIB Group can double in size over the next five years, CEO Brendan McManus told Post after private equity firm Apax Partners became the firm’s lead investor taking over from The Carlyle Group which has retained a stake.
In 2020 the world’s first coral reef insurance policy was triggered in Mexico, following damage resulting from October’s Hurricane Delta. Post looks at how insurance is helping nature in other parts of the world.
The emergence of a cluster of start up and scale up carriers, or a class of 2020, caught analysts by surprise despite the hardening market.
- IUA starts hunt for chair as Patrick Tiernan swaps Aviva for Lloyd’s
- FCA will use ‘full range’ of regulatory tools and powers to ensure insurers meet expectations after BI ruling
- Commission-hungry claims firms target Covid-hit businesses
- For the Record: Aviva rationalises office space, RSA deal gets greenlight, Miller enters HNW and Corant Global is born
- Software house witnesses fortyfold increase in BI claims
- Insurer satisfaction unaffected by Covid-19 despite record policyholder problems, says Institute of Customer Service
- CMCs expect soaring Covid-19 caseload as employees and public lodge claims
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day