Broker-only motor insurer ERS has the chance to make its mark in the commercial sector but will need to recruit well and target niche larger risks.
Howden Group has a £500m warchest for acquisitions and investments, CEO David Howden told Post as the firm reported 6% organic growth in 2020.
Formed in 2008, New Dawn Risk grew to handle £81m of premium last year. It started 2021 by looking to target UK regional brokers for the first time. Founder Max Carter reviews the growth of the company and explains why now is the right time for the firm’s new division.
In 2020 the world’s first coral reef insurance policy was triggered in Mexico, following damage resulting from October’s Hurricane Delta. Post looks at how insurance is helping nature in other parts of the world.
- Tesco Bank switching to in-house underwriter for all home and motor insurance
- Apollo names head of marine and energy liability after Howard Burnell's assault conviction
- Analysis: ERS goes commercial
- Zurich offers free counselling to claimants
- Commission-hungry claims firms target Covid-hit businesses
- Debenhams and Weddingplan insurer ‘considering’ impact of Supreme Court ruling on wedding claims
- Insurers count cost of Christoph as warnings of further flooding intensify
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day