Free content: Access market and insurance reactions to the Supreme Court ruling that dismissed appeals against a High Court judgment on insurers paying out in Covid-related disruption on business interruption insurance policies and overturned the Orient Express ruling.
A lawyer representing Hiscox's business interruption policyholders has called a statement by the insurer stating that fewer than one third of its policies may pay out following this morning’s Supreme Court judgment “misleading”.
Clarity on the potential for 200 UK job losses, and more in Scandinavia, is being sought by RSA employee representatives.
For the Record: The week in deals featuring Allianz, Clyde & Co, Convex, Gallagher, Howden, Kennedys, LV, New Dawn Risk and Woodgate & Clark
Post wraps up the major insurance deals, launches, investments and strategic moves of the week.
- Live: Supreme Court rules largely in favour of policyholders in FCA's BI test case battle
- The Supreme Court BI test case judgment in summary
- For the Record: The week in deals featuring Allianz, Clyde & Co, Convex, Gallagher, Howden, Kennedys, LV, New Dawn Risk and Woodgate & Clark
- BI Case Notes: The FCA’s test case in numbers
- Hiscox share price falls after Supreme Court ruling
- Briefing: Seven insurtechs to watch in 2021
- Rightindem appoints Kieran Rigby as chair
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day