The regulator has vowed to “take action” against insurers that do not treat vulnerable customers fairly.
Hiscox has developed a product designed to protect shipping targeted by nation states amid warnings that escalating tensions between Iran and the UK and its allies could lead to higher insurance premiums.
Beazley saw double-digital premium growth in the first six months of the year, posting a pre-tax profit of $166.4m (£133.9m) largely driven by “exceptional” investment returns.
The way we live continues to change. The nature of risk evolves. And so does the way we understand the UK home insurance market. Mark Eastham, CEO, Avantia argues non-standard is no longer exceptional – and that has significant implications both for insurance providers and homeowners.
Charles Taylor’s Managed Services, UK & International (MSUKI) Business has a fabulous opportunity for a Head of Member and Broker Development to joi
Market related, London
A fantastic opportunity for an account executive to make their mark with growing brokerage.
commensurate with experience , Greater Manchester
- FCA announces crackdown over treatment of vulnerable customers
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Hiscox floats seized ship cover as Iran Gulf tensions threaten premiums
- Blog: Home insurance - the rise of non-standard
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Investment returns drive Beazley half-year profit as it strengthens cat reserves
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
There is movement at the summit of our 2018 top 100 UK insurers. Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2018 countdown, produced in association with AM Best.
Speaking to brokers and insurers in the sector Post asked them about the cyber landscape, coverage available and risk management.
Michèle Bacchus spoke to brokers to find out their thoughts on regulation, their trade body and their opinion of the UK insurance market
Post, in association with Tällt Ventures, indexes those that have the most potential to influence, change or disrupt the global market.