In its latest round of funding Trov received financing from Munich Re’s investment arm, HSB Ventures, and Japanese insurer, Sompo. The company has previously received financial backing from Axa, Suncorp Group, Guidewire, and Anthemis Group, bringing its total funding to just over $85m. Trov, which launched last year in the UK and in Australia, provides insurance coverage for single items of personal property that can be turned on and off with the swipe of a smartphone. The California-based
- Blog: Diary of an insurtech start-up, episode 2: Silicon Valley
- Towergate places 133 jobs at risk in restructure
- Aviva's 'Ask It Never' concept to cut out question asking process
- Whiplash reform bill shelving is green light for personal injury 'gravy train'
- Blog: In memoriam - why insurtech start-ups fail
- Blog: Brokers' bad reputation
- Allianz makes strategic investment in Lemonade