In India, where the insurance industry as a whole is developing, the Real Estate Title Act represents an important first step to introducing mandatory title insurance into the property market. Ultimately, this will make every real estate transaction in India subject to title insurance in order to protect the investor-owner against counter claims on the title to the property. This has long been a problem in India with half-built properties locked in lengthy ownership disputes, scattering major to
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform