In India, where the insurance industry as a whole is developing, the Real Estate Title Act represents an important first step to introducing mandatory title insurance into the property market. Ultimately, this will make every real estate transaction in India subject to title insurance in order to protect the investor-owner against counter claims on the title to the property. This has long been a problem in India with half-built properties locked in lengthy ownership disputes, scattering major
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change