The main beneficiaries are likely to be the financially strongest reinsurers in the European Union and any other country whose regulatory regime is deemed fully equivalent to Solvency II, the ratings agency said. Fitch noted that Hannover Re's latest financial update showed that its structured reinsurance business, which can help insurers optimise capital, grew by two-thirds in the January renewals period. Fitch said: "This rate of growth probably reflects the timing of some large deals, but we
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform