The main beneficiaries are likely to be the financially strongest reinsurers in the European Union and any other country whose regulatory regime is deemed fully equivalent to Solvency II, the ratings agency said. Fitch noted that Hannover Re's latest financial update showed that its structured reinsurance business, which can help insurers optimise capital, grew by two-thirds in the January renewals period. Fitch said: "This rate of growth probably reflects the timing of some large deals, but
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change