The underwriters are expected to be named in coming weeks and will join Markel with over 30 years' combined experience in the surety and trade credit industries. The business will focus on opportunities in the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe with the intention to expand to other regions outside North America. With hubs in London, Singapore, New York and Dubai, the team will offer solutions to corporate and financial institution clients. Products range from excess of loss multi-buyer policies
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Government resurrects whiplash reform