In its fourth and final loss estimate for the floods in the UK which occurred from 4 to 24 December 2015, Perils increased its loss estimation by £7m. Storm Desmond brought record-breaking rainfall to the northwest of England and was the most prominent of a series of destructive weather systems affecting the UK in November and December 2015. The storm caused widespread flooding across Cumbria, with Carlisle, Cockermouth, Keswick and Kendal among the worst-affected areas. The revised est
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change