Insurers have at their disposal 2250 people available to send in on the ground to support customers, assess damage and initiate repairs in the event of a flood, as well as 2750 people to handle calls about claims. "Floods are devastating," said Huw Evans, ABI director general. "For families, for businesses and for whole communities. "Last winter's storms were a stark reminder of how vulnerable we can be to the forces of nature and insurers have already been helping those affected by Storm Ang
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change