Although RBNZ said it was too early to assess the full impact of the earthquake, it said upper estimates of the overall costs are NZ$9bn; initial estimates suggest the government is expected to pay between NZ$2bn and NZ$3bn. The bank, in its latest financial stability report, has given reassurances the the government can readily afford the costs and that insurers have sufficient capital to cope with claims. Modeling firm AIR Worldwide has estimated the magnitude 7.8 earthquake, which caused 2
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change