Aviabel is over 80 years old and controls €50m (£43m) of European insurance and reinsurance gross written premium covering airlines, airports, pilots, crews and aerospace manufacturers. Axis, which has had an aviation team since the company's inception in 2001, said it will keep the Aviabel brand and the firm's NLP brand in Holland. Mark Gregory, CEO of Axis' international division, commented: "Axis is committed to the aviation market for the long-term and, through this acquisition
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change