The Link app, by Octo Telematics, aims to act as an "alternative to aggregators for consumers and insurers". Instead of providing new insurers with "static data", the app will enable customers to provide their driving scores and therefore get a more accurate quote. In the pre-launch phase, Octo is working with five insurers on the Link platform across the UK, Germany and Brazil, with more to be signed in the coming months. "Through the use of telematics data insurers will find that they
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change