There continues to be much chatter and speculation about the shape of vehicle automation and its impact on the UK motor insurance market.
Following an in depth research project in conjunction with National Windscreens Post is delighted to bring you a webinar that plans to dissect some of the results/insights and put ADAS technologies under the spotlight.
This will take place at 11:00AM BST on Wednesday 30th November; to sign up CLICK HERE.
Joining us for the discussion will be:
Ian Kemp, underwriting product director - commercial motor, RSA
Peter Marsden, managing director, National Windscreens
Adam Murray, motor technical manager, Aviva
David Williams, technical director, Axa (pictured)
Among the issues that will be covered are:
- The penetration of ADAS presently - and where the market is likely to be in the next years
- Whether insurers have a good handle on the percentage of vehicles they insure that have ADAS technologies
- What benefits ADAS technologies bring for insurers, including reducing accidents; and the impact it will have on premiums
- Whether it has a role to play in the ongoing discussion on whiplash reforms and compensation culture
- What kind of collaboration is needed between insurers, manufacturers and repairers to make sure ADAS technologies fulfil their potential
- Who should pay in the event of ADAS technologies needing recalibration?
- How fit for purpose is the current ADAS Code of Practice and how should it be policed?
Paul Jardine has been named CEO of XL Catlin and Catlin Insurance Company UK syndicate, succeeding Andrew McMellin.
Venture Insurance has purchased Poole Martin which will see the company placing premiums of £13m per year.
There has been a 13% reduction in the amount of insurance fraud reported by the industry, according to government statistics.
The Association of British insurers has lost an appeal to government on the judicial review on changes to the discount rate for personal injury damages.