The Northern Ireland Executive has announced reforms designed to reduce road accidents involving young drivers, including an increased minimum learning period, a more structured syllabus and restrictions on the age and number of passengers a young driver can carry at night. The measures have been well received, and there have already been calls from some insurers and the ABI for similar changes across the UK. Change is necessary as far too many young people in the UK and elsewhere are dying a
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change