The global recession has predictably led to reductions in spending and capital investment across the board - and the insurance industry is far from immune. It now faces difficult decisions on investment to create a strong but efficient infrastructure. But, due to the industry's unique operating characteristics - combined with its contrarian investment theory - it could be argued that the present economic climate is an ideal time for strategic IT investment.General insurers have, in the main,
- Potential Swinton job losses a 'disappointing tragedy'
- Commercial lines brokers must adapt or 'face extinction'
- Motor premiums set to rise by 29% by 2018
- Swinton to cut 900 jobs in shift away from high street model
- Towergate's Ebitda climbs 12% on back of restructure
- David Cameron to deliver Biba conference keynote speech
- FCA publishes first complaints figures since rule change