The proposed European Union directive on reinsurance was first published in April last year. It is now about to enter a critical phase. Peter Skinner MEP, the rapporteur charged with moving the directive along, has recently presented his draft report to the European Parliament following market consultation.The obvious and immediate advantage of a single framework is that reinsurance companies would no longer have to comply with the different regulatory regimes adopted by member states or inc
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform