Deregulation of the power industry and, most specifically, general and electrical power generation, has been ongoing for many years in the US and Europe, but now the trend is spreading to other regions where state enterprises once prevailed.For example, much of Europe's power system was built in the 1970s by monopolistic utilities when the fashion was 'gold-plating' or the building of excessive redundant capacity into networks. With the exception of France, governments and engineers are no l
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform