Risk Management Solutions (RMS) has estimated that insured losses from Hurricane Jeanne at between $4bn-$8bn, based on the hurricane's characteristics at the time of landfall and its projected path.Jeanne made landfall just before midnight on Saturday, 25 September near Stuart, Florida as a category 3 hurricane, just a few miles from Hurricane Frances' landfall three weeks previously. Property Claim Services currently estimates insured losses in Florida from Frances to be $4.1bn.RMS' higher
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform