London market broker Oxygen has announced its plans to target extended-warranty markets in emerging nations with a new team hire.The team, which will be led by Mark Angel, will underwrite electrical and mechanical breakdown extended-warranty and guaranteed-asset protection (GAP) covers on a wide range of consumer goods, including motor vehicles, domestic appliances, personal computers and mobile phones. Cover will be provided on a direct or reinsurance basis.According to Oxygen, the growth o
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform