London-headquartered United Insurance Brokers group (UIB) announced a new venture in Brazil as part of an expansion strategy for Latin America.UIB claims it has negotiated an exclusive representative agreement in Brazil with Re Corretora de Resseguras Limitada, which formerly partnered with Alexander Forbes.UIB has also been formally approved to handle reinsurance business out of Brazil by the IRB Brasil Re. UIB said it plans to develop new business in the energy, construction, aviation and
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform