Italy's property/casualty (P&C) insurance market is the fourth largest in Europe in terms of premium volume. In 2005, the industry wrote EUR36.3bn ($45.8bn), around 10% of the overall EU non-life insurance market.However, despite its market position in Europe, Italy remains comparatively under-insured in P&C. Italians spend approximately 2.6% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) on P&C insurance as compared to the European average of approximately 3.8%. Insurance is comparatively ev
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform