Foreign insurers and reinsurers have continued to increase their participation in the Chinese insurance market. For example, General Re has received a licence to establish branches in China, American International Group announced that it was about to commence non-life insurance operations in China, Swiss Re received a full national reinsurance branch licence and Munich Re launched a branch office in Beijing, being the first foreign reinsurer to obtain approval from the China Insurance Regula
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform