Dear Friend,Welcome to the first edition of Global Legal Review. Reinsurance and the law go hand in hand, containing some great essential ingredients - money, contracts, competition, intermediaries and unforeseen circumstances! Throw in the culture clash, language differences and often diametrically opposed legal systems in cedent and reinsurer domiciles, and legal fireworks are rarely far away!The legal connection to the industry becomes even more pronounced when, as is so often the case in
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform