The European property and casualty (P&C) insurance market has faced a variety of challenges in recent years. The events of September 11, 2001, and the increased frequency and severity of European catastrophes have added further injury to a market place weakened by falling interest rates, an equity bear market and weak economic growth. The insurance industry as a whole, however, has survived this adversity and is looking forward to a brighter future.Growth trends as a whole, and particularly
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Regulation is a hindrance to industry innovation: Axa
- Government resurrects whiplash reform