Swiss Re has joined forces with leading Czech technology company MultiMedia Computer (MMC) to produce a new flood risk assessment tool for the Czech insurance market.The model comes after severe flooding hit central Europe in August 2002, when the rivers Elbe and Danube, as well as other subsidiaries, burst their banks after torrential rain. The flooding caused EUR800m in damages in Prague alone, and inflicted another EUR6bn of damages in the German state of Saxony. Total costs from the even
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform