An oft-asked question in dealing with heads of losses is whether, and the extent to which, the costs of management and staff's time spent in the investigation of the claim is recoverable. A recent decision from the commercial court in R+V Versicherung AG v Risk Insurance and Reinsurance Solutions SA and others offers some guidance on this point.The claim arose out of the operations of two binding authorities under which R+V Versicherung AG (R+V) had authorised Risk Insurance and Reinsurance
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform