Brit Insurance Holdings has announced the following two new appointments to its UK household underwriting team: Mary Flatres has joined as head of household and Mervyn Albon as household underwriter.Ms Flatres has specialised in the household market for over 15 years. She joins Brit from NIG, RBS Insurance, where she was product and pricing manager. She previously held underwriting positions at Bishopscourt, Cox Underwriting and AIG.Mr Albon also has over 15 years' industry experience and jo
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform