According to the World Insurance Forum held recently in Bermuda, seven out of the 10 most highly insured catastrophes have taken place in the past two years. Catastrophes such as Katrina and Rita continue to put pressure on a reinsurance industry that has made underwriting profit in only one year since 1980.Overall, there is increasing recognition that the status quo cannot be allowed to remain, especially in a world where the apparent effects of global warming seem to be creating more and m
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform