Some reinsurers believe the recent downgrades are a reaction to concerns that are industry-wide rather than about individual companies. It has also been suggested that they are an attempt to counter accusations that the failures of companies such as Independent Insurance took the rating agencies by surprise. The rating agencies' methodologies and reliability are being questioned but, as a rating is no more than an opinion, it is difficult to dispute its validity or sustain a case that it is
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform