Historical background"Amsterdam is marine history in the Netherlands," says Eric Fischer, secretary general of the Dutch Association of Insurers, in his welcome to conference delegates. This history dates from the time that ships roamed the seas to seek new markets and products. The inhabitants of Amsterdam, who were always keen on trade, were at the forefront as they sailed with merchants' fleets across the seas to India, Japan, Ceylon and Indonesia.Through the Middle Ages, Amsterdam's pros
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform