As the 2003-04 European winter storm season gets underway it is an excellent time to re-examine this complex and potentially costly peril.The insurance industry will undoubtedly remember 1999, the year Anatol, Lothar, and Martin paralysed much of the continent. Insured losses from Lothar and Martin cost roughly EUR8bn in France alone.Using a methodology developed by Denmark's Riso Labs for estimating return period winds, it is estimated that the wind speeds associated with Lothar and Martin
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform