Name: Chris HarmanCompanies worked for: From 1988 to the present date, with Harman Wicks & Swayne Ltd (HWS); current position: deputy chairman. I also sit on the Lloyd's Council.When did you start in insurance?I started in February 1971, in the motor department of a Lloyd's broker. It was during the week the Vehicle and General Insurance Company, the biggest motor insurer in the UK, went bust.Has the market changed since then?Now there are fewer, bigger players, both among insurance companie
- ABI previously warned government over hazards of flammable cladding
- Towergate group company to launch under new brand name
- Insurers issue warning as government to test cladding on 600 buildings
- Data analytics will impact property underwriting but could lead to 'uninsurable' properties
- Full report: Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Marsh Networks’ David Hopwood on the seven issues a reduced discount rate creates for SME brokers
- Government resurrects whiplash reform