The reinsurance market is seeing increased activity in the run-off sector. Unlike a decade earlier, today's run-off is no longer synonymous with insolvency - many perfectly solvent reinsurers may seek to exit a class of business if it is not consistent with their business strategy. In an environment of stricter capital-adequacy requirements and an increasing influence of rating agencies, companies often view run-off as a form of capital management, enabling them to free up capital and then r
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best