Japanese commercial property owners are increasingly taking out earthquake insurance as a necessary component of their risk-management strategies, which in turn is boosting the requirement for reinsurance on the international market, particularly for facultative risks.Japan is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries because it sits atop four tectonic plates. The country's deadliest quake in recent memory occurred in the city of Kobe in 1995, with a magnitude of 7.3 that killed mor
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best