An El Nino event may be on its way this year, according to the US government's Climate Prediction Centre.The Centre said that it had detected changes in sea temperatures in the Pacific Ocean, which occur before El Nino. However, other climatologists have cautioned that it is too early to make a firm judgment, as the Pacific has been highly variable this year.El Nino usually occurs about once every seven years and the last major event was in 1997-98. The last time it occurred, the event cause
- In Depth: Claimant lawyers move from whiplash to holiday illness claims
- Motor Report: What's driving motor?
- Majority of UK businesses 'will not be compliant' in time for GDPR
- Insurers at risk of losing two thirds of previous customer data due to GDPR
- Repair firm feared to be hacked for personal accident data
- Crash for cash fraudsters jailed after fabricating accident
- Insurercore set to launch broking social media platform after fixing technical glitches