In the past two weeks or so, news has come thick and fast that the reinsurance industry was heavily hit by the collapse of the global stock markets in the third quarter of the year. The word 'recession' is on everyone's lips.The main issue for reinsurers will be their capital, readers answering our survey said. "Capital will have to be replenished and used more wisely," said one, while another added: "Reinsurers will have to maintain strong balance sheets and conservative investments as proo
- Tradex borrows £7m to meet Solvency II requirements after Ogden rate hit
- Lloyd’s redundancies: London market forced to focus on cost
- Direct Line's Paul Geddes reportedly linked with ITV CEO role
- 22 dead after explosion at Manchester concert
- Blog: Connected homes should get cheaper premiums
- Dacre Bleu: will the industry act after Daily Mail attack on insurer 'sharks' and 'pirates'?
- Solvency II ratios not comparable across EU and won't be used in ratings, says AM Best